Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Adobe Photoshop Turns 30.

Abobe purchased Photoshop from the Knoll brothers and published Photoshop 1.0 just 30 years ago.  I purchased a package of three Adobe products a few years later, including Adobe Photoshop 5.0 ...and it still works.
A minor complication is that Windows 10 always asks whether I will allow this old version of  Photoshop to modify the Windows registry.  The answer is always "yes".

Photoshop has been extremely valuable for developing web sites as part of my WebByPros business over the years.  More recently I volunteered to help compose a biannual newsletter for the Balkan Task Force at church.

Several years ago the mother-of-the-bride showed me a wedding photo of her beautiful daughter and asked me to adjust the off-center cleavage; that photo and the daughter looked better with the new, adjusted symmetry.

Janet and I have used PageMaker, Photoshop and Illustrator to prepare her books for publication.  The cover of "Bed & Breakfast Homes of Montana" includes my photo of a quilt made by a quilter in Helena.  We came up with the cover illustration for "Montana Bed & Breakfast" while sitting side by side on our bed.  Then we put the whole thing on a cd and mailed it to our printer.

Also, I have used a feature of Adobe Illustrator that allows an image to be scaled very large. Specifically, we created signage 8 feet wide for our son's restaurant. 

So,  Happy 30th to Photoshop!

No comments: