I know of a solution. There is a movement in the nation to use Article 5 of the US Constitution to call a "Convention of States" ( See: http://www.cosaction.com/about). This is a provision built into the Constitution to control our government when it gets out of control...like now! Please sign the petition and get involved.
One concern that you may have is, what are the limits on that convention. Well, there are three:
- The resolution must be passed by the legislatures of 2/3 of the states. The same legislative resolution must be adopted by that super-majority of states. That resolution is available here:
- Section 1 of the resolution limits the items that will be addressed at the convention:
- impose fiscal restraints on the federal government,
- limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and
- limit the terms of office for its officials and for members of Congress.
- Any proposed amendment adopted by the convention must then be approved by 3/4 of the state legislatures.
My personal link to the petition is http://www.cosaction.com/?recruiter_id=12723
There are now petitions signed from all the state house districts in the country.
If this write-up is too brief for you, there is a more comprehensive handbook available at